Cobourg Union Cemetery is a non-profit cemetery created in 1867. At the time it was two hills outside of town overlooking Pratt's pond and mill. In 1871 two hundred spruce trees were planted lining the roadways. The Cobourg Peterborough Railway ran immediately adjacent the eastern boundary.
Eventually the Cemetery expanded to become the present 20 acres.
In 2009 the Cobourg Union became the first cemetery in Ontario to open a dedicated 'Green' section for natural or 'green' burials. This section is a meadow overlooking Cobourg Creek which fed the old Pratt's pond which is now a golf course.